Re: [MiNT] Help finding sources?

Johnathon Oddie <oddie@flatirons.org> writes:

> I've been trying to find the sources of two things over the past few days
> and haven't had much success; if anyone could point me in the right direction
> I would be very grateful.
>
> * the latest MiNT gcc (2.95.2, iirc) - I've found several binaries but not
> the sources (or a diff from the original GNU sources)

Frank's diffs are at ftp://wh58-508.st.uni-magdeburg.de/pub/mint/programming/diffs/

> Also, has anybody succeeded in setting up a gcc cross-compiler for MiNT on a
> linux (x86) system? How is this done?

I've set one up on a Linux/PPC system, it shouldn't really be any
difference. You will need binutils, gcc and mintlib sources, along
with the diffs found at the FTP site above.

I don't remember exactly how I did it, but there should be docs,
either in the gcc source package, or you could probably find some
howto's on the web.

I first compiled the binutils, configured with "./configure
--target=m68k-mint --prefix=/somewhere". Then I think I copied the mintlib header files
into /somewhere/include, and then compiled gcc with the same configure
arguments as above.

Something like that..

Tomas