Re: [MiNT] Freeze when sending quantities of text through telnet

On 2000-7-17, Mario Becroft <mb@gem.win.co.nz> wrote:

> When I telnet to my TT running MiNT and send a large quantity
> of text, the connection seems to freeze.
>
> Does anyone else notice that or know why it might happen?

I get that too, on the Reibl.

Any large quantity of packets (either a HUGE file or just several
quicks shots) is enough to crash the Reibl's drivers, using any
protocol, when receiving packets from the outside.

The funny thing is, MiNT-Net itself does not crash. Example:

I can literally kill the Riebl's connection by accessing Apache
from my Windows laptop (which has a 100mb card), but still get
access to Apache on localhost using CAB or W3M right after.

The error message I get from the Riebl is:

<rakas:>/e/root$ ping paska
PING paska (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: internal error.
ping: wrote paska 64 chars, ret=-1

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS