Re: [MiNT] *Don't* buy Biodata cards from A.G...

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, [ISO-8859-1] Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

> Alternately, check out Mario Becroft's upcoming SCSI-to-Ethernet
> adapter, for faster transfer rates:
>
> http://www.gem.win.co.nz
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, the hardware part is already working, while
> the MiNT-Net drivers recently received help from Frank?  Mario?

The hardware part is working in a fashion but it still needs work. I could
say it is about 80% finished. The driver still needs a lot of work
(perhaps 30% finished), and in fact I have not received much help from
anybody (not that I expect to)... I guess it may not be worth finishing
now that the other adapter is available. Unfortunately I just haven't had
time to do much work on it since the beginning of the year, although I
admit that during the last month I have been spending quite a bit of time
on my VMEbus graphics card, on which I am making rapid progress...

I may still get the ethernet interface finished as I also wish to use it
on my VMEbus graphics card, so that the card may serve two functions.
(That does NOT mean I will really find the time to do it.)

--
Mario Becroft           # Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group
mb@gem.win.co.nz        # Atari Hardware Developments