Re: [MiNT] PPPD 2.3.11 bugs and various problems.

On 2000-8-14, Barry Schut <nut@fun-industries.nl> wrote:

> PPPD latest (2.3.11) has some bugs i want to explain,

> bug 2:
>
> when i shutdown, the server will try to reconnect.
> (cut from the options script i use)
[...]
> persist

The usual idea is to have the _client_ use that option, in case a
modem connection is lost, to auto-reconnect. I used it, back when
I was still on a dialup connection.

> bug 3:
>
> there are 2 serial line speeds missing in the modem
> 2 list: 78600 and 153200

Use Serial2/LAN, for a nullmodem connection between your two TT.
You should be able to use 115200, at least.

78600 and 153200 are non-standard speeds, hence not supported by
the multi-platform sources of PPPD.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS