Re: [MiNT] bug in unlink/MiNTLib?

Hi!

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 09:20:34AM +0200, you wrote:
> It may be the difference between "/foo/bar" and "/foo/bar/" (or perhaps
> even "/foo/bar/."). I don't have any linux box around to test, and the
> UnixWare 2.1.2 manpage for unlink don't talk about EISDIR (only about
> EPERM), so I assume it always returns EPERM in this case.

FWIW, the UNIX98-specs say the following:

-- snip --
[EPERM]
	The file named by path is a directory, and either the calling
	process does not have appropriate privileges, or the
	implementation prohibits using unlink() on directories.
-- snap --

There's no reference to EISDIR in the description of unlink(2).

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de