Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT on STonX?

> > PS. My WWW-page at http://www.students.tut.fi/~t150315/ will
> > be going away within a week (as is this email-address), so people
> > interested about W should get latest W source from there ASAP :-).
>
> Do you need somewhere else to put W on the WWW/FTP?

I think I can get WWW-space at work, I just haven't yet had time
to enquire about that.  However, it would be nice if I would get
a bit more recent feedback on MiNT version of W...  The setup with
which I have compiled it is:
- MiNT v1.12
- MiNTlib PL46
- gcc 2.5.8
- an old version of GNU Make

ie. pretty old.  ATM I'm trying newer version of MiNT. But the
thing which I really would like to upgrade is GNU Make.  Current
one doesn't work correctly with bit more advanced Makefiles.
An URL to GNU Make binary which is somewhat upto date would be
appreciated (unfortunately I haven't time to port and compile
make myself).

Also, it would be nice if somebody would package W eg. for SpareMiNT.
I can fix any problems there might be, if somebody just mails me the
error messages[1], but I haven't time for actual compiling & packaging.
Next time I'm online next weekend (I hope), if somebody got any errors
for me by then... :)

AFAIR currently W supports ST modes in any size and it can do 8-bit
byte/pixel graphics too, but that hasn't been tested on Atari
platform, only on Linux fb, SVGAlib & GGI.

	- Eero
--
[1] That's how I made W threaded glibc compliant when I myself still
got the old Linux C-lib...