[MiNT] XaAES question

Hi

Although I am facing my own bugs lately, I still find bugs in the original
code.

This one took me some time to locate.

XaAES is very inconsistent regarding WM_REDRAW messages.
Sometimes the rectangle supplied is based on the workarea, sometimes on
the whole area.

To compensate this XaAES adjusts the rectangles when they are read by
the app's (wind_get(WF...XYWH, ...)).

This is done by a unchecked rc_intersect.

This approach results in rectangles with w and/or h <=0 before the end of
the list. This makes the app stop reading further, leaving parts or the whole
area unrefreshed.
(Yes, it is a horror story :-)

As a quick repair, I skip these now.

Question:
Is it correct that:
The rectangle supplied to WM_REDRAW messages must ALWAYS be based on the work area.
wind_get(WF...XYWH, ...) ALWAYS return the rectangles based on the whole
window area.
??

Doing so the rectangle list can be used by apps for other reasons than work
area redraws.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.       http://people.A2000.nl/hrobbers/Homepage.html