Re: [MiNT] XaAES question

Ralph Lowinski wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:54:01 , Henk Robbers <H.Robbers@cable.A2000.nl> wrote:
> [...]
> > Question:
> > Is it correct that:
> > The rectangle supplied to WM_REDRAW messages must ALWAYS be based on the work area.
>
> That shouldn't be necessary because an application has to intersects this
> with the rectangles from the list by wind_get first/next, due to the possible
> lag between event generation and recieving by the application.

Yes, of course, question is who is supplying what?
WM_REDRAW supplies workarea information. Because the AES redraws the window
gadgets itself, leaving the workarea to the app.
The rectangle list supplies info on the whole window.
And thus can be used by everybody, including the AES itself

I think this is the correct approach.
However if other AES's do the other way around I would like to know.
That is basicly my question.

> > wind_get(WF...XYWH, ...) ALWAYS return the rectangles based on the whole
> > window area.
>

> - WF_FIRSTXYWH  returns the first and
> - WF_NEXTXYWH   one of the next rectangles where the application can draw its
>                 contents.

Sorry,
I meant the 2 above.

> Because of most applications rely on that, it could be problematical not to
> follow to this behavior.
>
> > Doing so the rectangle list can be used by apps for other reasons than work
> > area redraws.
>
> For what should this be good?

Who knows? At least the information obtained would describe the complete window.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.       http://people.A2000.nl/hrobbers/Homepage.html