Re: [MiNT] tosfs

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:40:31 +0100, Odd Skancke wrote:

>> > Since it's impossible to prove that a certain system call is
>> > NOT used, the only appropriate proof here would be that you
>> > clarify your previous statement with a list of examples, and
>> > not make hard statements based on suspicions.

Been following this somewhat.  I would suggest to Martin a few
minutes with SysMon would reveal the calls.  At least then
there may be some slightly improved descussion?

>> I did that with several applications, a while back.  I cannot
>> remember off-hand which calls are the problem, but when I looked
>> them up in the Compendium, they were all marked as "supported
>> until TOS 1.04" or something that indicated they were obsolete.

I would suggest having the information in-hand before you post.
I mean that in the nicest way, often I go off half loaded myself
only to regret it later.  ;-)

>> Imagecopy is one program that flatly refuses to read or write
>> files to ext2, yet it is also one of the most usefull. 1st-guide
>> can access files, but cannot differenciate filenames beyond 12
>> characters. There were others I have tested too.
>
> And what does ext2fs have to do with NEWFATFS?? Do you really know what
>you are talking about? Imagecopy works perfect on NEWFATFS!

If Martin don't have SysMon it's available on my webpage
for download, limited demo version, but still very useful.

Lonny Pursell    atari AT bright DOT net    www.bright.net/~atari/