Re: [MiNT] tosfs

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:

> > Okay, butthead, prove me otherwise.  If you cannot, YOU shut up.
>
> Since it's impossible to prove that a certain system call is
> NOT used, the only appropriate proof here would be that you
> clarify your previous statement with a list of examples, and
> not make hard statements based on suspicions.

I did that with several applications, a while back.  I cannot
remember off-hand which calls are the problem, but when I looked
them up in the Compendium, they were all marked as "supported
until TOS 1.04" or something that indicated they were obsolete.

Imagecopy is one program that flatly refuses to read or write
files to ext2, yet it is also one of the most usefull. 1st-guide
can access files, but cannot differenciate filenames beyond 12
characters. There were others I have tested too.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.