Re: [MiNT] Device drivers documentation

> De : Frank Naumann <fnaumann@freemint.de>
> Date : 08/11/2000 17:09:09
>
> Hello!
>
> > Well, for example, the mouse device. When I read from
it, how can I
> > know what read bytes mean ? For example, when moving the
mouse,
> > do the bytes present in the read buffer have the same
format than the
> > one for the IKBD (e.g. header+buttons pressed, movement
X, movement Y) ?

> It's in SUN format (3 bytes, header+buttons, x delta, y
delta).

Well, I do not know the SUN format. Maybe should I have a
look to know how bytes are arranged. The reason I ask
something about it is: How someone could code something
for MiNT using device drivers, if there is no doc ? (Is
there any ?). I started writing a XBIOS (video) driver for
SDL (http://www.libsdl.org).
And I would like to handle keyboard and mouse using
MiNT device drivers (because BIOS functions do not handle
the mouse, and I do not want to make something too machine
dependent). And I do not want to code something hardware
dependent (i.e. where assembly is required). It is a bit
hard, but it may be interesting to do.

--
Patrice Mandin

Programmeur Linux,Atari