Re: [MiNT] tosfs

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Thomas Binder wrote:

> > a dirty proach to supporting long filenames which Guido Vollbedding
> > refuses to upgrade, even though I mailed him Thomas Binder's 3 files,
> > because it would supposedly break some things for MagiC users.
>
> Sorry, what 3 files are you refering to here?

The files you mailed to this list a while back, extracted from
Thing sources, to help people in supporting logn filenames, using
Pdomain() and other related methods.

> Anyway, it's absolutely no problem to write code to access
> files and directories that works flawlessly on both systems,
> without ever needing to explicitly check for either of them.
> Dunno what Guido thinks could/would break with MagiC.

It's probably just an excuse not to continue develpment.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.