Re: [MiNT] SSH RPM?

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 04:48:40PM -0500, Noah silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remembered reading on the sparemint page that RPM can install from URL,
> so I tried that.
> Now I think I have run into some config problem probably.  I should
> hopefully be able to read the FAQ.MiNT more carefully and discover the
> problem.
>
> monolith:~#rpm -ivh
> http://wh58-508.st.uni-magdeburg.de/sparemint/RPMS/m68kmint/
> sudo-1.5.9p1-1.m68kmint.rpm
> Retrieving
> http://wh58-508.st.uni-magdeburg.de/sparemint/RPMS/m68kmint/sudo-1.5.
> 9p1-1.m68kmint.rpm
> sudo                        #########unpacking of archive failed on file
> /usr/bi
> n/sudo: cpio: read failed - OK
> monolith:~#

Try a

# touch /etc/mnttab

RPM needs this file, even if empty.  Sorry, forgot to tell you.

If that fails please post here the output of

	find / -type d -maxdepth 1 -exec ls -ld {} \;

resp. "ls -l /" whichever gives more information.

Maybe you can also ls -ld the directories /var/tmp and /var/lib/rpm.

BTW, have you ever installed any package? If not you will most certainly
fail because rpm needs a bare minimum of packages like bash, info and so
on.  Without them you will continue to have problems.

Ciao

Guido