Re: [MiNT] 1.15.10 (fwd)

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> This way we have programs which do not use the real power of newer
> machines and upgraded systems, because authors are intoxicated by the
> "this must work on TOS 1.02" superstition

For once, I agree with Konrad.

One thing that has annoyed me ever since I bought these TT's is,
very few applications have been coded to make use of additional
features it offers on top of basic ST functions, because of the
old "must work on TOS 1" mentality.

Backwards-compatibility is something I completely agree with, but
purposely avoiding newer AES or GEMDOS functions offered since
MiNT and AES 4, simply because they won't work on a floppy-loaded
TOS 0.99 on a 520STM, is killing the platform.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, IT Consultant * http://funkyware.atari.org/
* May the Funk be with Q! * Author of the Atari TT030 Homepage.