Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.10b fragmentation

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:50:31 +0200 (EET), Martin-Éric Racine wrote:

MR>Also, protected systems constantly complain about hardware
MR>violations that crash the kernel and require a reboot, not to
MR>mention protocols like VA_START and OLGA not being friends with a
MR>protected kernel.

I have already wanted to ask if there's a Guide to Memory protected
system or some exhaustive FAQ or TODO documentation for converting
standard setup to MP friendly one. This should include discussion about
all commonly used interprocess protocols (OLGA, AV, SE, DHST, BubbleGEM and
who knows what else), all generally used programs (AESes, desktops, TSRs
like fileselectors etc) and some general rules in case your
favourite program is not working properly.

I personally use very few applications regularly (Everest, aMAIL, Devpac
and some more) but even some of these are not working with MP (aMAIL is
one important example). Please remember that every unsuccesful trial&error
requires power off/power on of my machine which is killing my hardware.
That's why I would welcome some kind of documentation mentioned above.

Thanks.

Petr
--
News: Clocky 3.02F, PARCP 3.80, Atari800 1.05 at http://joy.atari.org/