Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:07:07 -0500 (EST), Vincent Manuel Barrilliot wrote:

VMB>Also, the VDI doesn't use /dev/mouse to read mouse events, and does not provide
VMB>anything for the AES to Fselect on.
VMB>
VMB>IMHO, a clean VDI is the first step to have a clean GEM

I got the same impression when I tried to understand why XaAES has to
use the moose device. The /dev/mouse in MiNT should be used by VDI I
think. Then XaAES|oAESis could use /dev/mouse as well and they would
still be synchronized.

Would it be possible to patch VDI with TSR that would allow it to use
/dev/mouse? How is the VDI reading mouse currently, anyway? And is there
a difference between TOS VDI and NVDI?

Petr
--
News: Clocky 3.02F, PARCP 3.80, Atari800 1.05 at http://joy.atari.org/