RE: [MiNT] AES in kernel

What's the difference between accessing the hardware through a MiNT-device
and a VDI-device? I'd rather see as much hardware as possible handled by the
kernel, instead of cluttering the VDI with it. Having to deal with the
graphics card is enough IMO.

> I don't remember how the mouse packets are formatted when they come out
> from the
> /dev/mouse, but if it's different from Linux to FreeMiNT, I'd rather have

It's in SUN-format IIRC. But if other formats are more suitable I don't
think it would do any harm to change it.

> write only one driver for the VDI, not one for XaAES, one for oAESis etc
>:)

You wouldn't have to. You could write one driver, and the VDI, oAESis, XaAES
etc. could all use it.

> And the AES should use the VDI for its input, otherwize mouse accelerators
>
> installed with the vex_motv() VDI function won't work.

No big loss. The speed of the cursor should be configured in the device
instead. Ditto with screensavers. After all, what's the point of designing a
MP-friendly and clean AES and VDI if you allow applications to hook into
internal vectors?

Jo Even Skarstein

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that
Vital Insurance/DnB Group cannot accept any payment orders or other
legally binding correspondance with customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the Vital Insurance/DnB Group.