RE: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

> > No, definitely clip rectangles are not needed for that :) The event
> > dispatcher just wants to know which application is on the top (regardless
> > of the fact whether it is displaying a window or not) and possibly
> > maintain a global list of window *handles* to know which window is the
> > frontmost, though I am not convinced that it is really necessary.
> > Definitely, it does not matter what are X/Y coordinates of this
> > window or its rectangle list.
> >
> It does. AES applications can receive mouse events for any window/app, not
> just the one on top. This is what the WF_BEVENT flag is for.

This only means that the top application, which received the event, must
reroute the event to proper place after discovering that there is none of
its windows at the place where the user for example clicked. Still this
can be done by the event library (running in user context) and there is no
need to put all this into the device driver.

Basically, i would be for trying to invent the proper clean way of
designing things in a respect of what is considered a clean programming
menthod under MiNT. But at the other hand I must say that I enjoy the
brainstorm type of discuss we are having now about the topic.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.