Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

> > Gui related (or anything related) device driver: yes. This is perfectly
> > okay, as long as this "driver" does not draw windows or manages clipping
> > rectangles (because clipping is somthing that _is_ dependent on certain
> > gui, isn't it?).
>
> All efficient window systems I know of sends redraw messages to the
> connected clients/applications whatever that force them to redraw only a
> piece of the screen, i.e., the visible part of one of their windows.
>
> This is a very common function that will be needed by AES,X11,W and so
> on. Sorry Konrad, but this has already been pointed out by both Johan,
> and if IIRC also Christer.

I know. I meant, that clipping technical realisation (e.g. a
representation of a rectangle) may differ; also some guis may want to
manage circular objects, some rectangular only. To match the requirements
of all guis you will have to implement all that. This is why I think that
this should be rather managed by libraries specific to the gui, not to the
common device driver.

> And Konrad, I must appologize for my earlier posting where I said you
> didn't realize what Jo-Evan where talking about. It became evident in
> your later postings that you did. However, I didn't get those until I
> have already sent my reply. I'm sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

No big problem, I got a long queue of messages to reply anyways ;-)

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.