Re: [MiNT] XaAES / GEM memory issues

Hello!

> Using the hardware directly (AES as a super device driver)
>  1. ACIA occurs and is handled the AES
>  2. AES decides which application should get the event and wakes the
> applciation up. (one context switch)
>
> As a matter of fact in some cases as I indicated in another post you
> won't get any context switches at all in some cases.
>
> If you can propose another solution that is as efficient, safe and can
> manage all cases, Frank, I'm all ears.

Oh, just a question: Why not move all hardware stuff into the AES? This is
the fastest way at all! Why not move all hardware stuff into the
applications? Then they are fast as demos ...

Btw. to follow your way a VDI/AES is strictly required to made a runnable
system. Also you have crossdependencies as you can't get the underlying
GEMDOS running without it. Such crossdependencies are really bad and
always an indicator for a wrong design.

Btw. you can simply avoid the context switches if you integerate the AES
into the kern itself (or at least the syscall handler and the event
manager that dispatch between the AES tasks and the AES server).

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060