Re: [MiNT] Thing

I am not gonna answer for Thomas, but in my opinion, why would Thing need
to be Open-Source?  shareware, freeware, commercial are also good
alternatives, especially in the case of Thing.
My question rather would be, when is 1.29 and 1.3x version gonna be
released, if ever. As they have been proven to work really well, probably
better than 1.27.

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Standa Opichal wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Thomas Binder wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 05:38:46AM +0200, Edward S. Baiz Jr wrote:
> > > Anyone know where I can register Thing or else buy a registered
> > > version?
> >
> > http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~gryf/software/thin127e.lzh
> >
> > Contact me via private email for further information regarding the
> > registration process.
>
> Well, I do have a question to consult in public I think...
>
> What is goning the Thing development continue like? Is there any chance to
> get it open-source? I'm looking for a free desktop. Unfortunatelly there
> is no (or not useable, although I haven't met any) open-source one. It is
> quite bad thing to have open-source OS without really cool desktop. The
> original Atari TOS or MultiTOS is not the thing we are all looking for,
> is it?
>
> can you say a word on this?
>
> regards
>
> STan