Re: [MiNT] aclocal and automake programs broken in automake-1.4

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:50:57PM +0000, Mandin Patrice wrote:
> Hello guys,
> these two programs are shell scripts, and in their

Really?

> first line, I see: #!/usr/local/bin/perl and below

Looks more like Perl scripts to me. ;-)

> a line with eval [...] /usr/local/bin/perl
> With the rpm package, perl is in /usr/bin, so they
> must be corrected to be usable.

Frank, can you fix that? Just change the invocation of configure to

	PATH="/usr/bin:$PATH" ./configure

That should fix the problem.

Of course, everybody that has Perl installed on a system should create a
symlink from /usr/bin/perl to /usr/local/bin/perl.  It is more common
to look for Perl in /usr/local/bin than in /usr/bin.

> By the way, is everybody on holidays ? The list is
> very quiet...

You want to have more traffic? No problem:

	Poor C is a lousy C compiler and gcc rules!

(This sentence usually produces about 100 postings here).

;-))

Ciao

Guido