Re: [MiNT] LAN port on TT /dev/ttyS4

On Thursday, 11. October 2001 16:00, Frank Naumann wrote:
> > Has anyone successfully established a PPP link at 115200 baud from
> > the LAN port on the TT (/dev/ttyS4) to a PC. I'd like to do 230400 baud
> > if the TT can do it.
> >
> > I've done it with the modem1 and modem2 ports with no problems.
> >
> > And I'm fairly sure the cable is correct, unless someone can point me
> > at a definitive cable.
>
> Why not use serial2 (aka ttyS3) instead of the LAN port? The LAN port miss
> some important lines (especially there are problems with the handshake).

Sorry if this is a newbie question -- I haven't been able to find a FAQ or
Howto for this (But any hint is appreciated!):

Which port to use best for SLIP or PPP on the Falcon 030? I got it brand new,
but since MiNT and lotsa Sparemint Packages are running now I really want to
get the bird connected to one of my linux machines for TCP/IP. Which serial
port is the fastest? Does MIDI work..?

Thanks for any help...

--
Peaceman