Re: [MiNT] BogoMips

Hello!

> > On my Milan it perform correctly (100 BogoMips for the 50 MHz CPU). Are
> > alle Caches activated? What say /kern/cpuinfo?
>
> Frank, does the Milan use writethrough and not copyback-cache? Because it
> reports 16.64 BogoMIPS here, which is slightly less than my Falcon/AB
> which I know use writethrough when MiNT is booted. I run cacheon.prg
> before MiNT.

write-back per default for normal memory (I/O space and so on is mapped
serialized).

But that doesn't matter for BogoMips. BogoMips only measure the number of
add instructions required to delay a microsecond (in simple words).

> I know that the 060 is fast, but I refuse to accept that it's 6 times
> faster than a 040 (unless it really is double-clocked ofcourse, if
> this is the case then 6x sounds reasonable).

The 060 is clocked at 50 MHz (or 60 MHz if your Milan is jumpered to 30
MHz).

> I was supposed to buy a race-can and new fork-springs for my motorcycle,
> but I've spent that budget on a Milan. Now it seems like I have to drop
> that LCD-monitor too and save up for a 060-kit instead...

Someone got a second hand 060 (RC, 60 MHz) for DM 390. So not so expensive :-)

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060