Re: [MiNT] Comunity? Who left?

I still have a Mega 4.  I figure it's not really worth the bother to attempt
running Mint on that.  It's still a great MIDI sequencer ;)

Once or twice have played with TOS Emulation on a Pentium Celeron based windows
box.  I'd use it FREQUENTLY if one of these emulators would run atari apps in
high true color resolutions (Photoline for instance).

I'm still toying with a Falcon.  Since adding a CT2 I haven't used Mint as much
as I'd like.  It's less the fault of the CT2 install, and more the fact that my
ISP has changed things and whatever version of pppd I have isn't negotiating a
connection.  STing and Iconnect work fine under Magic.  I tried upgrading just
the pppd part and had no success there.  What excatly needs to be upgraded?

Have:
CT2&FPU  14meg STRAM - 64MegTTRAM
Currently SCSI only...plan to add ATA IDE soon.
MagiC 6.01
NVDI 5 (what ever the latest upgrade was)
HD Driver3
HD Driver5
HD Driver7
HD Driver8 (My particular CT2 doesn't like this)
VGA Monitor
KEMD Installed on a SCSI minix partition
Extendos CD-ROM Driver (SCSI units)
CAB 2.7

Not too long ago I became interested in trying to upgrade my MintNet set-up with
tips and tools from the SpareMint pages.  After 2 hours of just making a bigger
mess of things....I gave up :/

I'd love to get my hands on a step by step documentation of how to install the
best, most complete Mint Set-up for a CT2 Falcon w/fpu.  There are so many
things I don't understand in the unix world, and the more I try to study up on
it, the more confused I become.  I.E. what's the difference in an /sbin and a
/usr/bin?  Why does one unix have /usr/bin and not sbin, and vice verse?  What
is the standard for Mint?  Why does KEMD have it one way, and sparemint suggest
yet a different one?

As I sit here and think about it...
I feel like the ideal Mint Set-up for me would be a single user MintNet over a
modem with a good GEM based Color Xserver.  I'd do most of my work remotely on a
linux box.  I'd love to see the Xserver able to run Netscape on the remote
machine.  It'd be fun if I could tinker with compiling things out of the box
like Talkers and MUDS (Amnuts in particular).

At any rate...that's my story.
I still enjoy my Atari machines, and don't mind spending a little time and money
on them once or twice a year.

Brian