Re: [MiNT] CPU hogs, continued

> > Is there a version of MilanTOS which does not have the 200 Hz
> > clock interrupt?
>
> No, but the first versions simulated almost all interrupts using
> some MFP timer, effectively disabling preemptive multitasking as
> MiNT does not schedule when - according to the info on the stack -
> the interrupt occurred in supervisor mode.
>
> That's why I had to introduce the "Milan VBL kludge" in the first
> place.

I have removed your kludge and replaced it with direct hooking the
formerly VBL code to the 200 Hz interrupt. The scheduling code is
executed 50 times a second, as a result, at IPL 3. This seemed better
to me because I thought the problem with Milans is only of this nature,
that they don't have VBL interrupt (and do have the rest normally).

Jo, could you check again (using a program written especially for
that), that the 200 Hz timer works on your machine?

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
draco@atari.org                             http://draco.atari.org

* Ea natura multitudinis est:  *  Taka to juz natura pospolstwa: *
* aut seruit humiliter,        *    albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy, *
* aut superbe dominatur.       *        albo bezczelnie panoszy. *
                     (T. Liuius XXIV, 25)