Re: [MiNT] CT2b and Memory Protect

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:50:12 +0100, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> With MINT030.PRG in my autofolder (v1.15.12) memory protect should be
> switched on. But with my CT2b Falcon it is switched on in normal mode, but
> switched off in in turbo mode. This is shown with a message during boot
> up, and confirmed in the mintset.acc panel. Is this normal CT2b behaviour
> or is it just my wacko falco again ?

This is normal on a CT2. The CT2 use the PMMU itself to map the fast-RAM
and modified TOS, much like the AB040 does. This is something MiNT has
to consider, but only 1.16.x-kernels has support for it. It doesn't work
on the AB040 either nowadays.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein    http://home.nvg.org/~joska/
*/