Re: [MiNT] 2 Problems/bugs in Toswin 2.7

On 21 Mar 2002, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 12:45, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:
> > > That is impossible. The AES doesnt know anything about such applications.
> > > There is no contact. The AES only sees TosWin.
> >
> > I can think of two ways to do this nicely:
> >
> > 1: Include the tos-in-window functionality in the aes (hmm) :)
> >
> > 2: Change the way Toswin works in that it only runs one tos-app, and
> >    let every tos program open a new Toswin instance. (The console
> >    window would also be a separate instance).
>
> The latter sounds quite reasonably to me.

Yes, as I've became quite familiar while playing with fVDI bconout trap it
would be really good. But: TosWin has it own handling of the windows.
Application you are speaking about would be of a quite high memory
footprint for nothing. There should be at least two applications, one for
the configuration of the whole thing (just like TosWin2 is now) and the
second only simple window terminal emulation. The terminal emulation might
be programmed as the SLB to not to load multiple times. In other words the
terminal emulation SLB would get used by the tosrun.app which would simply
use the SLB for everything.

just my 2 cents to the problem

regards

STan