[MiNT] less

I posted this question before, but didn't get any reaction. So it seems to
be a problem with my system only ?

I will describe the problem once more:
Since shortly the "less" command isn't working like it should on my mint
system anymore. For example, If I type

	less readme.txt

I can hear my harddisk working, and that the file is being loaded, but the
only thing that appears is an empty screen ending with END, to indicate
the end of the file. But if the same text is coming from a pipe that leads
to less like

	cat readme.txt | less

the text is shown correctly. Also with the "more" command I'm not having
any problems. I found a file /usr/bin/lesspipe.sh that was corrupted, and
I replaced it, but that didn't solve the problem. Maybe someone has an
idea where to look to trace and/or fix my problem.

Martin Tarenskeen