Re: [MiNT] Man pages of the FreeMiNT OS calls?

Hi!

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Frank Naumann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Please don't CC a posting to me if you already write to the MiNT mailing
> list. I only get it twice.

Sorry, Frank.

> > Are the CVS versions of the manpages correct? There is a note that they
> > are outdated, but there were some changes late last year. Is there any
> > piece of up to date documentation for this?
>
> The cvs manpages are not uptodate nor complete. But they are better than
> nothing :-/

Hey, what about to merge the Compendium versions with your into a
new XML format? I've prepared XSLT transformations for the manpages and
HTML destination.
For this purpose I've also improved UDO to handle nroff destination
better. Don't you know where to get a write access to the UDO CVS?

The workflow:
XML -> HTML            is done via XSLT only.
XML -> UDO -> nroff    is done via XSLT to UDO sources and than via udo
--nroff switch.

The only problem is to find XSLT 1.0 complient processor for FreeMiNT. I
use saxon.sf.net, but this one is in Java. I've looked throught the WEB
and it seems that some can be ported (in C/C++).
I can send you an example of the source XML and the generated HTML, UDO,
nroff files if you would like to see them.
I'm working for a company that has every documentation and every
processing done in XML and I must admit that it is a _very_ powerfull if
one know how to handle it.

Would you like to have the documentation synchronized/updated and included
in the future releases of Compend.hyp as well as in the manpages? This is
the way we can get _any_ output format we would ever want.

BTW: Couldn't we make a CVS repository for the Compendium sources? I still
hope we can get in contact with Scott and make it possible to distribute
it freely.

best regards

STan
JAY Software / ARAnyM Team