Re: [MiNT] Newbee questions

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > First, is that the modem does not dial. I have fixed all the
> > files I know about, and the stack thinks the modem dialed, and
> > times out on unanswered configuration requests.
>
> Would help if you'd cite your /etc/ppp/options file and your chat
> script.
>
> CVV

I think I already see two or three errors, but I followed
directions exactly.

First, a file named "options"

# Example options
# for the MiNT-Net for lamers project

# Enter the serial device (ttya=modem1 etc.)
/dev/ttyd

# Device speed
115200

Second a file still named "pppchat.ndh"

REPORT CONNECT
TIMEOUT 60
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT BUSY
ABORT ERROR
"" ATZ
OK atL0
OK atdt4198247901
CONNECT

**************

NDH is Marc-Anton's provider. Mine is mindspring.com

And, getty only goes up to 9600 baud, true?  I am not yet running
a cpx to set port speed.

And my speakerless modem probably has a ATL, not ATL0, to turn
the headphone, if used, volume down.

I think I found all the files I needed. "Touch" was well hidden,
but "install-info" was most obscure, mentioned on no information
page on the Sparement page, and mentioned in no documentation I
read. But, a partial sentence on a web site google could not
connect to suggests is it an effect of running rpm2html on
foobar.rpm, and my guess is that compiler related programs use
that file as a cookie jar.

But that fact is not mentioned in any of the compiler information
pages, or on the rpm2html information page. If true, it should be
mentioned in at least several places. It is hardly something one
could guess. I took me hours of time and some very good luck to
get as far as I did on that.

Jim