Re: [MiNT] Odp: New MiNTNet drivers...

on 9/23/02 10:06 AM, Petr Stehlik at joy@sophics.cz wrote:

>>> No chance to get the source code, as it is all ASM
>
> some people can even read ASM code. So would it be possible to get the
> code or not? Note that I am not asking because I would need the code - I
> was just curious if "it's all ASM" means "you can't get it".

I think it would be nice if it was available, even in asm.  If someone
wants to spend eons of time trying to figure it out that's cool.

>> You are not alone.  GFA does not integrate into CVS so well either.  ;o)
>
> I haven't used GFA for _years_ so forgive me but wasn't it possible
> to save the source code not in the token form but in a plain text? That
> way it would be CVS friendly... In original Atari800 XL/XE BASIC it was
> "SAVE/LOAD" for token form and "LIST/ENTER" for the plaintext. Not sure
> if there was anything like "LIST/ENTER" for GFA Basic but I hope so.

Yes, GFA has the same LIST/ENTER option, only it's called SAVE-A/MERGE.
I thought the main idea of CVS was to compile directly from the latest
sources.  Perhaps my view point of CVS is not right.  With GFA one cannot
directly compile ascii listings, it adds an extra step.  That's interesting
though.

Lonny Pursell    http://www.q1.net/~atari/