Re: [MiNT] keyboard tables again

> Having just go an EtherNEC I started to update some files on the TT.
> I compiled a fresh binary for the TT.  When I boot the current kernal
> it halts at the point where it handles the keyboard table file.  It
> was missing, and appears to freeze.  Copying a tbl file into /mint
> causes it to work.  Is this normal on a TT or should it be reporting
> a missing tbl file?

Shortly: I installed latest kernel and it doesn't halt at startup, whether
the *.tbl file is there or not. The machine is a Falcon, but I also tried it
on Aranym and it didn't halt either. So...  don't know :/ Definitely it
doesn't report missing tbl file, it should silently switch to the default
one (unless someone changed something there).

> btw, I had to convert key_tables.h to assembler to generate a US keyboard
> tbl file with devpac.

I know it to be painful :-) It would be useful generally to have a (open
source) program that would generate such a table and be GUI driven.

CVV

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur
** (Liv. XXIV, 25)