Re: [MiNT] MintList proposal

Ok, I hit the "reply all" this time like the author of the above piece
suggested. Which is why Andreas now receives this email twice. :)

Actually, all other atari mailinglists I ever subscribed to, use the
reply-to header and I don't recall any problems. As for the mentioned
article, personally I think it's not only exaggerated, but especially
unapliccable to a small list of a close community like this one. Who's
going to reply to a MiNTlist posting with intimate private details no one
else should read? (Which is the only "danger" I could find in the article,
accidentally replying to the list instead of a person). I never saw this
happen on atari-ni or atari-midi; on the other hand I saw the other
problem here lots of times ("oops, replied to the author instead of the
list, sorry here's the posting again).

Want to talk about REAL dangerous features of this list? Ok - is this list
still mirrored to muc.lists.mint? Last time I checked it was mirrored
there (without any of the administrators knowing about it), exposing the
email addresses of every poster to Usenet).

As long as we have that feature, I find it kind of silly and out of place
to worry about the "dangers" of having the list address in the reply to
field. :)

$0.02,

Maurits.