Re: [MiNT] midx.xdd for MiNT

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Frank Naumann wrote:

> What is this midx.xdd?
It installs a device called /dev/midx
It was developed because the original /dev/mid isn't very useful if you
want to use midi for it's original purpose: music. For example if I have a
SysEx file that I want to send to my MIDI synthesizer like this:

	cat sounds.syx > /dev/mid

The data don't arrive in their pure original SysEx state. The synth will
give a "checksum error" or other error messages, and/or the soundbanks in
my synth will be overwritten with garbage. If I use this /dev.midx instead
it works as it should. I can also install midx as an icon on my THiNG
desktop and drag SysEx files to it to send them to my synthesizer
right from the desktop. No need for a special SysEx dump utility anymore !

> > What's wrong here ?
> > I would like to be able to use it with MiNT 1.16.
>
> Hard to say. Is there the source code available?

I downloaded it from

	ftp://chapelie.rma.ac.be/atari/mint/device/midxdd_1.0.lzh
	ftp://chapelie.rma.ac.be/atari/mint/device/midxdd_1.0.upl

It comes together with source code and more info. Look for yourself if you
are interested.

--

Martin Tarenskeen