Re: [MiNT] Enabling Xaaes after Easymint install

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > Some programs, like the excellent mail/newsreader pine, will run
> environment variable TERM must be set correctly by rc scripts (or mint.cnf).
> `export TERM=st52' somewhere in the rc scripts or `setenv TERM st52' in
> mint.cnf should do for the console, provided there is /etc/termcap file with
> the st52 terminal definition.

That's great! It works, but something strange is happening on my system.
I have to set `export TERM=st52' by hand everytime after that I have
logged in. Even if I have set this variable in mint.cnf or in one of the
rc scripts, if I log in and type
	echo $TERM
I'm still getting "vt52" as an answer. I can't find which file or script
is responsible for that. Anyone ?

Martin Tarenskeen