[MiNT] GEMLIB : VDI bindings

Hi list,

I'm working on the "next" gemlib release. gemlib 0.42.2 and mgemlib 41 are
now merged. see http://arnaud.bercegeay.free.fr/gemlib.htm for more details.

The aim is to have a "safe thread" gem library. This is done for AES
binding using mt_aes (the AES part of MGEMLIB). For the VDI binding, the
VDIPB data in now a local variable in each vdi binding. The global VDIPB
variable is no more used (just the way the global AES arrays has been
removed on mt_aes).

ATM, there is a "define USE_LOCAL_VDIPB" to choose between old VDI binding
(with global variables) and the new design (local VDIPB). This define is
set to 1 in gemVDI.h

I'd like to go further and only keep the "USE_LOCAL_VDIPB" part, and remove
the availability to go back to the old "global VDIPB" design. Please, keep
in mind that (IMO) USE_LOCAL_VDIPB is the only way to get a safe thread vdi
lib.

Any objection ?

BTW, i'm now working on purec port of that "next gemlib" library. Then,
i'll put the library compiled for gcc/purec/sozobon on my website (so that
one can test it) and make an announce here.

Best regards,
Arnaud.

http://mail2web.com/ .