Re: [MiNT] OSMD release

On Po, 2003-03-17 at 00:02, Bohdan Milar wrote:
>  - Installs chosen groups of other rpm packages.
>  - Allows to install X11R6 server and basic X utilities.

I am a Debian user and am wondering how to solve the following issues in
the SpareMiNT/RPM world.

1) how to install a package plus all its dependencies with one simple
command that would search for the packages in one of several definable
places: CD-ROM, local filesystem, directly at sparemint.org site.
Something like apt-get in Debian.

2) how to manage the packages - browse them, uninstall them (plus all
their dependencies that would be useless later), upgrade them etc.
Something like dselect/aptitude in Debian.

3) how to automatically create and keep updated a local cache of all
downloaded packages that could be used by all machines in the local net.
Something like apt-proxy in Debian.

Most of us have several machines or disk drives and keeping them all
up-to-date manually could be a major PITA...

Is this solved by some of the installers? OSMD or EM? Or something else?

Petr