Re: [MiNT] Cookie Jar problem

On Čt, 2003-03-20 at 13:13, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > If you needed 100% security you could always run Linux
>
> I could, but please think about MiNT's evolution in terms of decades, not
> months :-)

I've been thinking of that, actually.

I've wondered where are the new applications. Most of us, last active
atarians, do work on various frameworks to make creating applications
easier. Look at this: we have a much advanced OS, new powerful MiNTlib,
GEMlib, Patrice is even nearly finished a complete SDLlib. There's also
the ARAnyM as new and affordable solution for everyone with aging or
dead Atari hardware. But all these things are not sufficient - what we
need is a ton of applications. And where are they?? We are still
surviving because of some great applications written in last century.
But if you're going to improve the security of kernel up to a point
where these good old apps stop working, it kills the whole platform.

So what we need are new application programmers who would be rewriting
the old GEM apps to new ones, following new standards. Only then the
higher security of the kernel would make sense, IMHO.

Petr