Re: [MiNT] Teradesk V2.3

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:10:09 +0100, Henk Robbers wrote:

Hello,

> There is a new version available on my homepage.

Great news!

> Among many small improvements:
>
> Dynamicly configurable menu shortcuts

I like it. But I think it would be better if the the configuration file was
in text and not the binary form. For example I used the default config from
the package, removed some icons on the screen and then found out they was
installed as applications. Now I do not see the way how to remove them as
applications. The text config would solve this.

> Proper handling of drive u:
> An up to date hypertext

Very nice. I could transalte it to Czech. A friend of mine, Martin Musil, has
already transated the RSC file.

> Printing of directory listing
> Floppy formatting and copying
> Improvement of Delete via menu
> Dialogues fit in ST low
> Shutdown
> Resolution switching (if possible)

Very useful.

Some more ideas:

- The Delete function could be also accessible by the Del key.
- The '..' entry in every directory (I can choose in 'Set file mask') is also
highlighted by the Select all function. This causes that some operations
(delete, print, ...) are unreacheable for the selection. I suggest the Select
all function not to select '..'
- I would welcome the possibility of controling whole the desktop with
keyboard. I mean not only the window contents, but even the desktop icons
(like in KDE).

Best regards,

Bohdan Milar