[MiNT] problems with the RPM for crosscompiling,

HI,
  I have a slackware system that does have RPM and when I try to open
the archive, it claims the
  library is a depency that is missing.  ????
  I cant get my RPM to go into debug or list actions or states or
objects.

   Does this problem have anything to do with the RPM mint releases?  My
little
   Mega4 does not have RPM to start. So would I bootstrap it?

   I ussualy unpack and repackage things I get for the ST.  under
Slackware linux.
   I have the GCC cross compiler but I cannot get a working library
anywhere,
   And No I cant compile and link.

   Since I cant unravel the crosscompiling.rpm I am stuck.

     josephus