Re: [MiNT] ld problems

Hi list,

I remember another ld problem i reported to the csap newsgroup (ok... this ML would have been a much more better place to report such pb).

From: Arnaud BERCEGEAY (arnaud.bercegeay@free.fr)
Subject: m68k-atari-mint-g++ cross compiler pb

Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.programmer
Date: 2002-11-06 06:38:46 PST

Hi group,

I'm trying to compile doxygen for Atari.

http://www.doxygen.org

I use cross-gcc for cygwin from the sparemint web site. Here is the make process: 4 library are built (libdoxygen.a, libdoxycfg.a, libqtools.a and libpng.a). Then, theses 4 libs and an object file "main.o" are linked to produce the executable.

the crash occurs in the final step (linking):
$ m68k-atari-mint-g++ -static -o ../bin/doxygen ../objects/main.o - L../lib - ldoxygen -ldoxycfg -lqtools -lpng -lc
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 (segmentation fault)

Maybe the "atari" linker cannot deal with "big" libraries (libdoxygen.a size is near 6MBytes) ?

On the same machine, i compile doxygen natively without any problems.

Any idea ?