[MiNT] Kernel tests

Hi all,

After being asked to try out a recent kernel build (to verify it worked with XaAES)
I noticed some odd behaviour.

Firstly, it seems like MiNT kernel starts looking for a sh.tos in c:/mint/ (IIRC that was the path), and when this is not found, some "internal shell" is launched right at the end of the
boot process. The effectively hinders the built-in AES from being used.

Why does the kernel try to launch a sh.tos that I have not added any paths to, automatically?
When this fails, why will an internal shell be launched? What is the purpose? How can it be shut off?

Furthermore, I noticed that the keernel now looks for keyboard and unicode tables in /mint folder at startup. Wouldn't it make sense to let MINT.CNF decide whether or not external files should be loaded? (With the obvious exceptions of mint.cnf itself, and xdd files residing in the /mint folder)

Regards,

Joakim

www.ataricq.org
topp.atari-users.net