[MiNT] /usr/bin/install -s

Hi,

I found some apps that I succesfully compiled from unpacked SRPM's
manually, just by typing make, no patches needed. Now I'm trying to learn
how to build RPM packages for Sparemint from source-RPM's, starting with a
really small and simple one.

The rpm -bp and -bc stages were passed OK.
But when I tried rpm -bi I got this error message:

	/usr/bin/install: cannot run strip: No such file or directory
	/usr/bin/install: strip failed

After some more experimenting I discovered that /usr/bin/install when
called with the -s option can't find strip in my PATH but only in the
present working directory. Is this a bug from /usr/bin/install or am I
just being ignorant (but learning quickly ;-) ? And how can I work around
this error ?

--

Martin Tarenskeen