Re: [MiNT] Kernel tests

On 01 Jun 2003 14:23:54, Adam Klobukowski wrote:

Hello,

> > > If you refer to the *.tbl files, the situation is different. These
> > > are, as I see it, parts of the kernel, exactly like the modules.
> > > Since the modules ain't defined in any config file, but just
> > > reside in the sysdir and are loaded automatically, I don't see why
> > > the tables couldn't, and where is the better place to keep them.
> > > Automatic load is simpler, the cnf parser is shorter, and it is
> > > not a big deal for a boot manager to rename, delete or copy a
> > > single file, even if someone changes keyboards and unicode
> > > mappings several times a day.
> >
> > Not everybody use a boot manager. And I meant to specify all loaded
> > stuff in cnf file (include xdd/xfs/tbl and all other things);
> > optionally for sure with fallback to automatic load. Why not think
> > about this idea? It have some advantages I think. The opinions of
> > other users would be nice here.
>
> In my opinion this may be quite usefull.

Yes, I agree too. Maybe for some time it would be useful to let somewhere an
option to switch the old and new behaviour.

To the keyboards - I do not know exactly how they work today but I would
welcome the possibility to switch several keyboards (maybe all loaded in
memory) during the work with a shortcut (alt+ctrl+k :-).

Regards,

       Bohdan Milar
http://bohdan.atari.org