Re: [MiNT] Ghostscript HP ijs driver

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Jim DeClercq wrote:

> How about posting that script?
It's nothing fancy. It accepts one filename as parameter, copies this file
to a temporary file - even if it comes from a pipe - and lets gs print
it, using the gs options needed for my type of printer. If anyone can do
this better, let us hear it. You have to modify the script to work on your
type of printer. It's just an example.

#/bin/sh
PRINTFILE=/tmp/temp.ps
if [ -f "$1" ]; then
	PRINTFILE=$1
else
	cat > $PRINTFILE  # if coming from a pipe
fi

gs \
-q -sDEVICE=cdjcolor \
-r300x300 \
-sPAPERSIZE=a4 \
-sOutputFile=/dev/prn \
-dNOPAUSE \
-dBATCH \
$PRINTFILE

rm -f $PRINTFILE
unset PRINTFILE
printf "\x1bE" > /dev/prn  # reset HP printer
exit 0

> Now, about "photo quality"--that is FM filtering, also known as
> edge enhancement. It is also a very slow, processor intensive,
> process. It involves finding lines of contrast change, and
> further increasing contrast change along those lines. This is not
> simple programming, and goes faster with a DSP.

Maybe it's not very useful on a standard Atari. But what about Milan,
Hades, CT60, Aranym, the Atari Coldfire Project ?

--

Martin Tarenskeen