Re: [MiNT] fVDI TTF issues

Hello!

> Yes, I know, but I didn't find other way of how to use FreeType except
> porting it completely to kernel space.

You can always implement it as daemon or something like that that
communicate over a pipe or such thing.

> I don't know what does it use in details, but I guess that you are right.
> It has also pluggable allocators so that the port should not be a big
> problem.
> BTW: What I/O functions should I use from within the kernel module so that
> they would perform in the kernel context itself?

As I said, from interrupt handler you can't call very much and especially
no I/O functions. This stuff must run as kernel thread or something like
that with it's own context or it must run in a process context (btw.
interrupt handlers run without any context, that's why you can only call
specific functions from interrupt handlers).

> The other problem is that I will need to wait for the fvdi.prg to be
> initialized before I hook the VDI vector.

I think fvdi must be loaded before FreeMiNT? Otherwise it's not cleanly
pushed into kernel space.

> BTW: Johan, I would like to see the fVDI as a kernel module and gcc
> compilable.

Yeah, that would be nice :-)

Ciao
   ...Frank