[MiNT] bigger pppd problem

Hello, all

With a great deal of help and support from Martin Tarenskeen, and
a wild guess on my part that "passive" was a necessary thing, I
got ppp to dial and connect, and to tell me that what works
with STiNG for DNS numbers is not what the current DNS is, and
there things get seriously stuck.

All went well until

Unsupported protocol 'IP' (0x21) received
sent LCP [ProtRej

and then my ISP shut down IPCP, and then LCP, with appropriate
replies from EasyMiNT pppd, and quit.

I tried this twice, with exactly the same results. ppp on the
far end has a packet not recognized by SpareMiNT ppp.

And that is what I expected to run into in the first place.

OK, does anyone have an idea for a next step?

My provider is not run by technically competent people, but I do
not know of a good one in this area. Still, I will take
suggestions.

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |