Re: [MiNT] termcap problem

V ?, 22. 07. 2003 v 20:53, Julian Coleman píše:
> Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > The TW once (in some older version) did support VT100 (as opposed to
> > tw100). It might have been buggy in some details but overall I think it
> > worked and could save you now. VT100 is available everywhere, I think,
> > and pine works with it.
>
> Are you thinking of the modifications I made to the original Toswin?

Sorry, I can't remember any thing or event older than 6-12 hours. Don't
even ask me what was on yesterday's lunch. Regarding TosWin I don't
remember anything but my work on termcap support for it. And I think
I've seen a VT100 option in the TosWin but cannot tell you if it was an
official version of TW, or a patch, and if a patch, where I got it from.

> did support vt100, apart from 132 column mode and the 'font' switching.
> Most of the work was escape sequence mapping from vt100 to st52.

sounds like a complete VT100 then. Neither 132 columns nor font
switching would be essential for running pine.

> The tw100 termcap entry for that was basically the
> vt100 entry plus a few extra features.

Yes. There are two camps - one says that TW100 is VT100 with extensions
and that it's easy to modify it to VT100 in TosWin and the other camp
says that TW100 is incompatible and too buggy for real VT100 emulation.

> What's the origin of the vt100 support in the current version of Toswin?

no idea. Haven't seen TosWin for at least five years now.

Petr