Re: [MiNT] Telnet?

Thank you too, Thomas

I knew there had to be a program that recognized :| as the start
of a data line, and now I know what it is. And I was not
consciously aware that there was a $TERMINFO environment setting.
Now I am.

The way to fix this may turn out to be cluttering my disk space
with a .terminfo file, edited to contain only what I need, and
set that path in a .login file.

Otherwise, a good ISP, panix.com, is being stuubborn, and not
realizing that MiNT and Linux both are small kernels with a large
number of GNU GPL programs to make them into operating systems. I
am workin on that, since I have a problem with the fact that
Berkely people stopped maintaining termcap, from the way I read
things, and the Atari stuff is in later versions. My ISP runs
NetBSD. And, I have a problem not with MiNT, which is mostly
fine, but with one of the GNU GPL files that make it into a
system.

Gratefully, Jim

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |